Free shipping for EU countries with a minimum purchase of €300
Barolo 'Monvigliero' Vietti 2019 Vietti

Barolo 'Monvigliero' Vietti 2019 Vietti


    Vietti's Barolo is a wine of extraordinary richness and complexity, born from fifty-year-old vineyards , aged for 26 months in barriques and large barrels. Wild berry jam, leather and citrus peel emerge with intensity from a consistent, fresh and very elegant texture.

    The hill of "Monvigliero" is historically recognized as the most important cru of Verduno and one of the most prestigious in the entire Barolo production area. The soil is calcareous-clayey with the presence of Marne di Sant'Agata and south/south-west exposure. Altitude of about 240 m a.s.l., average age of the vines of about 44 years and density of about 4,500 plants per hectare.
    2018 was the first vintage of this very important Vietti cru.

    Vinification: Rigorously manual grape harvest on 8 October . This vineyard is historically recognized as one of the most suitable for the particular whole grape vinification (about 60%). The remaining part (about 40%) is de-stemmed, crushed and conveyed to a steel tank for maceration and alcoholic fermentation. After five days of cold pre-fermentation, fermentation starts by raising the temperature. The alcoholic fermentation lasts about four weeks in a steel tank in contact with the skins with regular pumping over. This time includes the pre- and post-fermentation cold maceration which takes place with the use of the traditional submerged cap method. The malolactic fermentation is carried out in wood.

    Aging: about 24 months in oak barrels.

    Description: Ruby red. The nose is delicate but intense, with notes of ripe red fruits and very fine spices. An unmistakable elegance stands out on the palate, strawberry, rose and cherry. The tannin is round, silky and persistent; all the harmony and balance of one of the most particular crus of the land of Barolo stands out. On the finish you can perceive fresh, fine and light spicy notes. Barolo Monvigliero has all its distinctive characteristics in its aromatic complexity and gustatory depth.

    Pairings: red meat, roasts, game, braised meat, aged cheeses.


    Customer care

    Call us on +39 3755 104865
    Everyday 9:00/18:00

    Selected products

    We guarantee the highest quality of our products and their traceability

    The wine shop recommends



    Confirm your age to continue.